Well, today is our 4 year anniversary. God has truly blessed me with a wonderful husband and for that I am so thankful. He definitely was there for me today when I needed him. We went to the doctor today for my sugar test and our big 18 week sonogram where you check all the major organs. The Good - I passed my sugar test!!! I was so excited. They are going to test me again though at 26 weeks since I had gestational diabetes with Bailey. The bad - When we had our sonogram, they found that Garrett has a choroid plexus cyst on each side of his brain. Ok I know you are wondering what the heck that is. It scared me to death at first and the ugly was my face because I cried all day long. Usually with these cysts, there is a 99% chance they will disappear by 28-32 weeks if they are isolated and nothing else is seen. Everything else looked good on the sonogram so my doctor feels sure they will be gone later in the pregnancy. The scary thing is that there is a 1% chance that it could be a chromosomal abnormality and mostly Trisomy 18 and 21 are associated with this. That is why I cried all day. I know that seems selfish because there could be so many more things wrong and God has already blessed us with one healthy child, but it was just the shock of the news. I will have another sonogram in 7 weeks to re-evaluate and if they have not shrunk, we will be referred to a neurologist. Paul and I are asking for your prayers everyday for baby Garrett. This is very scary for me even though 99% chance of it going away is a very positive thing. I also ask that you pray for strength for me not to worry for the next 7 weeks. It is just easier said than done not to worry when you are carrying a precious life. Paul is very encouraging and positive about the whole thing, and he is keeping me up! The following is a website that tells about this if you want to read more. You can click on it at the top of my friend website list. Again, please please keep us in your prayers everyday!!! We have put this in God's hands and know that He will not give us anything we cannot handle! We are going to continue to think positively! Thanks in advance for the prayers!
Mamie, Paul and Bailey
http://www.gbmc.org/genetics/harveygenetics/prenataldx/PatientInformation/cpc.cfm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




21 comments:
Mamie & Paul,
I am so concerned to hear about Garrett's cysts. I wanted you to know that you're in my thoughts more than ever. What wonderful strength you are showing by posting this on your blog. I just know that your positive attitudes will continue to sustain your spirits now. I'm wishing you comfort through the next 7 weeks. Again, you're family is in our prayers.
Hillary
Kane and I will be praying for sweet Garrett and also for peace of mind for you guys!
Mamie, my husband and I will pray for your family. I would be a worried mama too, though! But there is such a great chance he will definitely not have them, and I am praying for that!!!
We'll be praying and thinking of all of you!
praying for y'all... please take care of yourself...
love that sweet name, garrett...
Jon Paul and I will pray for strength and peace for all 4 of you!
Chris and I will keep the 4 of you in our prayers. Please keep us all updated.
Mamie,
I know that peace can be an elusive thing, and I cannot imagine the worry in your heart. I will definitely be praying for you, Paul, and baby Garrett. Maybe this familiar verse will help you when you're heart is heavy..."Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27
Mamie, Shane and I praying for you, paul and baby garrett! I know this is a difficult time for all of you. Be stong and enjoy this time with baby garrett in your tummy.
We will be praying for you all!
What a testimony of faith in your writing- we'll be praying for your family, Mamie!
When peace like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
love you so.
I will definitely keep you all in my prayers. Just remember that God has a plan that is much bigger that we can even fathom. Circumstances like this come our way to bring us closer to our Maker because his glory will be shown through our reaction. Continue to praise God for all the things you have and thank Him for being in control everything. Through this our faith is strengthened, his faithfulness is revealed and peace abounds.
GOD HAS A PERFECT PLAN..Brad and I had to remind ourselves of that many times when we found out we were pregnant after being married only 6 weeks! I was holding Brody when I read your post and couldn't help but cry- we are so blessed with healthy babies Brody and Bailey!
You and Paul are wonderful people and will show Garrett he is loved no matter what. We'll be praying for yall.
Praying for peace for you, and health for baby Garrett
Donna Manning
Mamie,
Please know that I am thinking and praying for you daily. I will pray specifically for God to give you a sense of peace over the next 7 weeks.
Leah
Mamie,
You, Paul, Bailey and the rest of your family are in our prayers!!! Thank you so much for sharing so that we can PRAY for you!!! We love you!!!!
Trey and I are thinking about you, Paul, Bailey and little Garrett. Know that many prayers are being said for the little man.
Mamie,
I just wanted to let you know Will and I are thinking about you and praying for you. You are such a strong person and God will get you through these difficult 7 weeks. Take care of yourself. You're in our prayers.
Lee
We're praying for you guys and sweet baby Garrett. Hang in there and know you are loved by so many!!
Hey Mamie,
I know it is not easy to have peace throughout these 7 long weeks but I will be praying that God gives you all just that, peace as well as for the cyst to be gone when they are checked again. Lily Grace, my almost 4yr. old, had these cyst also in utero and they did just disapear. God is Good and what ever he sends your way is in his master plan. But I have to say..I have faith that everything will be just fine with Garrett!
I know the waiting is so difficult.
Ashleigh Lampley Barnes
Post a Comment