Monday, August 11, 2008

Peace

A quick update on what is going on with us. I went back to the doctor last week for my 3 hour sugar test and guess what??? I PASSED!! Can you believe it? It was completely by the Grace of God! I felt like He was sparing me from having to deal with gestational diabetes so I can focus more on Garrett. I was really shouting up and down the halls of the doctors office in excitement! It was the best news I had gotten in a long time. To say the least, I went straight to raising cane's which was the closest fast food restaurant I could find and had a huge chicken tender/french fry and texas toast meal. It was delicious!!! :) I am being careful though and not really eating many sweets to make sure I keep my sugar down. On the other hand, we go back for another sonogram on Thursday. We feel your prayers and ask that you continue to pray for us and Garrett. I really have worried more this time just because of the unknown since our last appointment, but every time I start thinking about all the horrible possibilities, I try to think of scripture or an encouraging Christian song to get it off my mind. This past Sunday morning, I woke up really thinking about the whole situation. I told Paul that I was not really looking forward to our appointment, and that I really wanted answers this time. At the end of church, we sang 2 of my favorite songs that I try to think of when my mind wanders about Garrett. On Christ the solid rock I stand and It is well were the two songs. I felt like God was definitely reassuring me that everything would be fine! I really did feel at peace about everything. Then, my devotion today was about stress, worry and letting God handle tight, uncontrollable situations. It was perfect for me before this appointment. I will attach it if I can. Paul also told me that he had a dream that everything was fine with Garrett and the cyst was gone. I really do feel good about this appointment and can't wait to see how Garrett is doing. He sure is growing because so am I. He also moves twice as much as Bailey ever did. He's an active little fellow! Thanks for all of your prayers thus far, and we will continue to keep updates posted.

6 comments:

lelah said...

Great! I was hoping that no news was god news. :) I'll be thinking of you!

lelah said...

OH MY GOSH, I meant "good" news, but look at that typo!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gere and I have been continuously praying for you guys! You have been on my heart and mind ever since I read your 1st post. Praying for good news.

The Benjamins said...

Still praying for y'all!

christina polk said...

It was great to see yall the other night. Bailey is just precious! We will continue to pray for you and Garrett. Let us know what the dr. says.

The Stringers said...

you're getting big because of the cane's chicken tenders...not garrett! haha! good luck. we're prayin' hard!