Thursday, September 25, 2008

A long 24 hours!!!

Well after 2 hospital admissions, 6 shots, 2 IVs, etc... here is the recap of our last 24 hrs. I went back to the doctor yesterday and she about freaked out. I had gone from 1cm and 40% to 3cm and 80%. They gave me another steroid shot and sent me back to the hospital thinking I would for sure have Garrett in the next 24 hours. When I got to the hospital I was contracting pretty good and they gave me more terbutaline to stop the contractions. They also still have me on procardia every 3 hours to slow them down. They did slow down and they knocked me out last night so I could sleep which was nice. My contractions were kind of back and forth today. They checked this morning and again at 2 and there was no change. They sent me home AGAIN!!! Which is very frustrating but better for Garrett to cook some more i am sure. I did get both rounds of steroids which means his lungs will be developed! Who knows when I will be back but I am home on bedrest and they are still giving me meds to slow everything down. It has been a long physical and emotional three days going back and forth from stop the contractions and you're having this baby in the next 24 hours back to stopping everything and sending me home again. You better believe the next time I go back I am having this baby if I have to wait until he is about to fall out!!! :) Just kidding. I am going to do what I am supposed to and stick to the bedrest regimen to keep Garrett healthy. He will come when he is ready and God is ready for me to be a mom of 2! Please continue to pray for patience for us and for Garrett's health. Since I am on bedrest i will surely keep updates coming. Thanks for all the phone calls, visits and prayers! We love you all and truly appreciate everything!

3 comments:

The Benjamins said...

We've been thinking about y'all! You'll continue to be in our thoughts and prayers!

The Segrest Family said...

praying for y'all!

The Stringers said...

man garrett...i hope you aren't such a pain in the butt once you get here! give your poor mama a break!!! love ya'll and let you know when i'm coming...