Thursday, July 24, 2008

Our Appointment today

Alright - Here it goes. Our appointment went pretty well this morning with a few little kinks. I failed my sugar test - no surprise! Guess I am just tooooo sweet :) The sonogram was OK. One of the cysts is gone!!! YEAH - that's the good news! The other has not shrunk but nor has it grown which is good news since his head/brain is growing. The only thing now is that they are not sure it is in the choroid plexus and that is iffy. It seems a little lateral to the choroid plexus so they really are not sure where exactly it is. This could be nothing or could be a whole different problem. Who knows. I have to go back for another sonogram in three weeks to see if they can see it better, if it has shrunk/grown, etc... They also did a gallbladder ultrasound on me b/c I had this severe pain on Tues and Wed that was right where my gallbladder is, did not seem like indigestion, and was not relieved by Tums or Maalox. It only lasted about 2 hours each time but it really hurt. No gallstones so that is good news but she says it sounds just like a nonfunctioning gallbladder. If I have another flare up I have to see a GI specialist. :( To say the least, I am now on a low carb, low sugar, low fat diet so if anyone has any extra cardboard laying around, send it my way since that is about all I can eat ! :) I did not have any pain today so hopefully it is not a gallbladder issue. All in all we are very happy that one of the cysts is gone and ask you to continue to pray for everything else. Garrett really is growing and the rest of the sonogram looked great. He was sucking his thumb with his finger over his nose just like I used to do when I was a baby. It was so cute! Thanks for all the prayers thus far!!! I know God is going to take care of us no matter what!

7 comments:

The Kosko Family said...

booooooo for diabetes.....(eliza kate will save a piece of her birthday cake for you to sneak a taste in a few weeks)

The Lindley Family said...

That is wonderful news about the one cyst! I know that it is going to be another long three weeks, and as always, you and your family will be in our constant prayers. Know that God will take care of you as He always does in whatever path He takes you down. Hate to hear about the sugar test, but I know that you can do it; you have already proven it once! I also hope that the severe pains go away soon; I had a similar pain at the end of last week where I literally couldn't move for periods of time, but I think it had to do with all the combinations of the different medicines that they had me on. Please let us know if you need anything even if it is a low-carb, low-fat, etc. meal other than cardboard!

The Cross Family said...

So glad to hear yall had a good report. I have a friend that might be emailing you. They found out their baby has this too.

The Segrest Family said...

hey!!!!
will continue to pray for you and baby garrett...
blessings all around...
even if you can't eat any sweets =)bummmmmmmmmmmer!
bailey is absolutely adorable!

The Marlin's said...

I am glad to hear the good news. I know that the next 3 weeks will be hard but you have a precious little distraction (bailey) so maybe he will help you get through it. Now about the diet. No fun. Who wants to be on a diet when they are preg.... You can do it!! You will still be in my prayers. Tell Paul I said hello!! Love ya'll and will be thinking about you.

blog said...

Hey Paul! Mamie I was in school with Paul. (And we are haivng a Mamie) We are closely watching our babies right now too! I will be thinking and praying for you. The blog world seems to be a really small world. Great to be able to keep up with so many people.

Emily Fowler said...

mamie you and paul have been in my prayers. I saw your mom the other day and she is so crazy and fired up about some grand-kids. love some janet. i will keep the prayers coming.