Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A little early!!!

I went to the doctor today and was already dilated of course since I have a habit of having babies early! I have been contracting for two weeks but they haven't hurt so I thought they may not be real. Apparently they are though. They put me on a monitor in the office and I was having them regularly. By my first sonogram I was 33 weeks 6 days yesterday so they sent me to the hospital. (I think I am 35 weeks today and he is measuring 35 weeks as well) In the hospital I got all three rounds of terbutaline shots, fluids and antibiotics for a lovely UTI which still did not completely stop the contractions. They gave me one steroid shot to develop his lungs but you are not supposed to have those after 34 weeks. They then gave me procardia which I can take by mouth and let me go home last night on strict bedrest. They did a test called a FFP which somehow tells if you will be in labor within the next 2 weeks. Of course mine was positive. I have to go back at 2PM today and see if I am dilated any more and maybe get one more steroid shot. I have still been contracting even on bedrest so who knows!!?? Just a quick update. Please pray for baby Garrett that he will be healthy. He definitely needs to hang in there and cook a little longer but I am not so sure that is going to happen. We will see. Pray for me too as bedrest and I do not belong in the same sentence. It is very hard for me to lay down 24/7 but I am making it so far with only one day under my belt. And I want to do what is best for Garrett!!!

4 comments:

The Hutto Family said...

Be still! Garrett is going to be fine. We are always praying for you. Let us know if you need anything, especially if Paul is at work. (that's why you have neighbors!) We love you!

lelah said...

Wow, so exciting! I bet it's hard to relax, but you've gotta. Curl up with Bailey and watch a nice movie or something. :)

Jenny Ruth said...

Thinking about you!! Hang in there and know you are being prayed for =)

Unknown said...

Prayin for you and sweet baby Garrett!

love~